- The Nahyssan settled on an island at the junction of the Stanton and Dan Rivers, above the Occaneechis, around 1675.
- A few years later, the Tutelo / Nahyssan joined the Saponi to live on islands located where the Staunton rivers join to become the Roanoke River.
- In 1656 several hundred Nahyssan, Mahock, and'Rechahecrians'( possibly Erie ) threatened both the Powhatan tribes and the English by camping near the falls.
- In 1714 Spotswood himself visited the site and successfully persuaded the Siouan tribes, who included the Saponi, Tutelo, Occaneechi, and Nahyssan, to occupy the tract that was surveyed.
- Although a few Monacan lingered in the area as late as 1702, the core remnant seems to have merged with the Nahyssan and other closely related Virginia Siouan tribes, by then known generally as Tutelo-Saponi.
- Lederer also noted the towns of " Sapon " and " Pintahae " on the Staunton River; Swanton considers this last to be a Nahyssan village, which Batts and Fallam recorded as " Hanahaskie " in 1671.
- The Tutelo language as preserved by these efforts is now believed to have been mutually intelligible with, if not identical to, the speech of other Virginia Siouan groups in general, including the Monacan and Manahoac and Nahyssan confederacies, as well as the subdivisions of Occaneechi, Saponi, etc.
- However, Charles Hanna believed their name, first appearing as " Oniasont " on 17th-century French maps, to be a variation of the name of the tribe recorded in West Virginia and western Virginia at the same time period, as " Nahyssan " and " Monahassanough ", i . e . the Tutelo, a Siouan language speaking people.
- It's difficult to see nahyssan in a sentence. 用nahyssan造句挺難的
如何用nahyssan造句，用nahyssan造句，nahyssan in a sentence, 用nahyssan造句和nahyssan的例句由查查漢語詞典提供，版權所有違者必究。